1) Are there any medications that can help or treat sleep apnea?
No, currently there are no medications that are FDA-approved for treatment of sleep apnea.
2) What are the most common sleep apnea risks?
Untreated sleep apnea is associated with the following medical disorders. The most common medical co-morbidities associated with sleep apnea:
- high blood pressure (hypertension)
- type 2 diabetes
- high cholesterol (dyslipidemia or hyperlipidemia)
- heart failure (congestive heart failure or CHF)
- heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- irregular heart rhythms (cardiac arrhythmias or dysrhythmias) NOTE: there is a particularly tight association with...