CPAP Electricity Discount
If you use CPAP to treat your sleep apnea you may be eligible for a significant discount on your electric bill known as a CPAP electricity rebate. This discount is also applicable if you use an auto-CPAP (APAP), BiPAP, or ASV machine.
California has some of the highest electricity rates in the country but many California electric companies offer excellent incentives for people with qualified medical equipment. Depending on where you live, these rebates may have various names such as:
- medical equipment discount (med rate)
- medical baseline allowance program
- medical affordability program
These programs require a qualified physician to complete a form on your behalf attesting that you have a medical need for a CPAP machine and that you are in fact currently using a CPAP machine to treat your sleep apnea. The current policy of most electric companies is that, once your application is approved, your discount will be applied indefinitely to your electric bill.
Singular Sleep offers two options for helping you get a discount on your electric bill from your CPAP machine:
1) An online consultation with our sleep doctor to document the medical necessity for your CPAP machine and usage of your CPAP as well as completion of the rebate form: $345 ($195 for online consultation + $150 for form completion and administrative fees). Click here to schedule the online consultation. You will need to provide us documentation of your CPAP usage.
2) Online consultation plus the purchase of a CPAP machine: the completion of the rebate form is FREE with this program which maximizes your savings.
- You need to purchase one of these CPAP machine which have remote monitoring capabilities that enable us to document appropriate usage of the machine.
- The ResMed option is $1,000
- The Philips Respironics option is $900
- If you bought the consultation, rebate form completion, and CPAP machine separately it would cost as much as $1,228.
- In order to take advantage of this program you need to be able to provide us with a copy of a sleep study report from within the previous 5 years that includes a diagnosis of sleep apnea, thus establishing the medical need for the CPAP machine. If you don't have a sleep study report from within the last 5 years, we can help you with that. Click here to order a convenient home sleep apnea test. Enter promo code SINGULAR15 on the order form to get 15% off when you buy your CPAP machine at the same time that you order the at home sleep study.
Note: Singular Sleep makes no representation that you will be approved by your electric company for a CPAP machine electricity discount. Approval is at the sole discretion of your electric company.